Wisconsin 101: Our History in Objects is a statewide, collaborative public history project. Our interactive online exhibit explores the histories of material objects in Wisconsin, thereby highlighting the interconnected pasts of individuals and communities throughout the state. By hosting histories researched and written by students, amateur historians, and other residents of Wisconsin about objects of significance to their communities, we seek to:
- Increase mutual understanding among Wisconsin residents of different regional, cultural, and economic backgrounds;
- Engage a new generation of Wisconsin residents in the history of their communities;
- Involve students, amateur historians, and local museum personnel throughout the state in research, curation, and storytelling about local history;
- Highlight the material objects of Wisconsin as gateways into local and national historical events;
- Increase public awareness and appreciation of local museums and historical collections.